Hard infills (panels/glass/...)
What dimensions should my panels have?
For correct sizing of panels used in straight frames, you measure the outer dimensions of the frame, then subtract 7 mm. For example: for a 992 mm x 2480 mm frame, your panel dimensions should be 985 mm x 2473 mm.
For correct sizing of panels used in for instance curved frames, doors or perfect corners, please refer to our technical leaflet: https://www.bematrix.com/media/files/HowTo_panel_dimensions_EN.pdf.
What thickness should my panel be?
For most frames, this should be 3 mm. However, for curved frames with a 248 mm, 496 mm or 992 mm radius, you best use a panel with 2 mm thickness.
For all detailed information on panel dimensions, please refer to our technical leaflet:https://www.bematrix.com/media/files/HowTo_panel_dimensions_EN.pdf.
How do I attach my panel in the frame?
Our frames come with hook tape, so you need to attach loop tape to your panels. You can order hook and loop tape at beMatrix.
Discover the different steps to mount a panel in a frame in our technical leaflet: https://www.bematrix.com/media/files/HowTo-Leaflet_How_to_mount_panels_in_a_frame_2017_EN.pdf.
Does beMatrix provide a panel plan?
For projects designed by our CAD specialists, we can provide a panel plan on demand.
Can beMatrix also provide (printed) panels?
To acquire printed panels, we happily refer you to our bePartner network. Please visit
https://www.bematrix.com/en/partners/bepartner-printed-panels/ for contact details of our bePartners • printed panels.
How can I cut holes in my panel for shelf brackets?
You can easily mark these using our infill cutting tool for shelf brackets: https://www.bematrix.com/media/files/Article_Infill_Cut_Tool_EN.pdf.
You can then cut out the holes with a Stanley knife or circular saw.
Can plexiglass be used in the beMatrix frame system?
Yes, you can do so in 3 ways:
- You can attach the panels using hook and loop tape. Please keep in mind that the hook and look strips will be visible afterwards.
- You can use our glass holder to secure the plexiglass between the profiles of the frame.
- On demand, we can install an insert in your frame. Using ‘glass nuts’, you can then secure the plexiglass.
Can glass be used in the beMatrix frame system?
Yes, you can do so in 2 ways:
- You can use our glass holder to secure the glass pane between the profiles of the frame.
- On demand, we can install an insert in your frame. Using ‘glass nuts’, you can then secure the glass pane.